Thursday, May 16, 2024

Modi dares Rahul on 'Adani-Ambani allegations', says -- "I will respect wealth creators ..... If I have (benefitted anyone) in wrong way, then I should be hanged"


Whatever I do, I will do it for the country. Vote is the by product.”

"If I have done dishonesty, then I should be hanged. If I have (benefitted anyone) in the wrong way, then I should be hanged. But I will respect the wealth creators in my country," Prime Minister Narendra Modi said in an interview to Aaj Tak/India Today channels.








"I have already made a plan for first 100 days. I want to add 25 more days for youths especially," PM Modi said.


PM said that he is not ashamed to say that the country's wealth creators should be respected.


"I include sportspersons and achievers in the guest list of August 15 event. If the country doesn’t worship and value its achievers, then how will we get people who will become scientists and do PhDs? Achievers from all walks of life should be respected," he said.  

PM said he is also worried  equally about wealth creators and labourers.


"For me, it should be the money of the capitalists, the brains of management people, and the sweat of hard workers which is needed for development," he said.


He slammed the communal angle given to his speeches and said his attacks were aimed at parties which indulge in appeasement politics.


“I have never done Hindu-Muslim [politics] and will never do it. But if I say that triple talaq is wrong, then I am [labelled] ‘anti-Muslim’. If I’m labelled like this, then it is their [critics'] compulsion, not mine,” PM Modi said.


“You [Opposition] fully followed the communal agenda. And I exposed it. I ripped it apart...The issue is that they have written in their manifesto that now they will bring minorities in the contract system. Contracts will be given to minorities. 


"If I oppose the system, then I am doing that because of secularism. But just because I have to use the term minority and ‘Muslim’, then it is taken as if I am attacking the minorities,” PM Modi said.







He explained that his attack was not against the minorities, and instead he was "targeting those political parties who are destroying India’s secularism, who are doing politics of appeasement, destroying the spirit of the Constitution.”

PM Modi said that he believes that there should not be discrimination on the basis of caste.


“Imagine 700 people live in a village and there are a hundred beneficiaries of a certain scheme. I believe the 100 people should get it irrespective of their caste... there should not be any discrimination in governance,” he said.


“You see the entire debate, from our side, we have not done ‘Hindu-Muslim’ anywhere. We are explaining to the people their [Congress] manifesto... I am explaining to the Muslims that they [Congress] are making a fool out of you for 75 years...” PM Modi said.



When asked if Muslims would vote for the BJP, PM Modi said, “The habit of doing things for votes should be done away within the country. Will you do everything for votes, and not for the country? I am against doing things for power. Whatever I do, I will do it for the country. Vote is the by product.”








The Prime Minister revealed that the "blueprint for the first 100 days of his third term was ready", adding that he was planning to add another 25 days to the plan, focussed just on the youth of the country.  


The Prime Minister, who has always emphasised the critical role of the youth in shaping the nation's future, said he was forced to think of a blueprint for 125 days after seeing the enthusiasm amongst first-time voters and the younger generation during his election campaigns.  


"I feel their inspiration, so I want to make a plan for 125 days. I have already made a plan for 100 days. I want to add 25 more days," PM Modi said.





"In 2014, I had a manifesto for five years. In 2019, I drew some attention to the global picture. In 2024, my thinking is a little big and for the long term. I have been working on it for the last 5 years... two generations of officers must have retired while working on this and many new people have come," the Prime Minister said.


The Prime Minister, who has set a target of '400 paar' for the NDA coalition in the Lok Sabha election, has pivoted his campaign around the 'Viksit Bharat' roadmap.

In March, PM Modi held a 12-hour long meeting with his Council of Ministers and brainstormed over a detailed action plan for the next five years.

ends 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nagaland Congress leader Rajesh Sethi appointed as observer for Haryana assembly elections

The Congress party has geared itself up for the crucial assembly elections in Haryana. It is being generally given out that three prominent ...