Saturday, August 3, 2024

"Paris 2024: A Beautiful Journey but a Difficult Loss" -- says P V Sindhu

"Paris 2024: A Beautiful Journey but a Difficult Loss. This loss is one of the hardest of my career. It will take time to accept, but as life moves forward, I know I will come to terms with it," badminton star P V Sindhu wrote in her post on X. 


"The journey to Paris 2024 was a battle, marked by two years of injuries and long periods away from the game. Despite these challenges, standing here and representing my wonderful country at a third Olympics makes me feel truly blessed," she added.


"I'm incredibly fortunate to compete at this level and, even more importantly, to inspire a generation. Your messages have been a tremendous source of comfort during this time. My team and I gave everything we had for Paris 2024, leaving it all on the court with no regrets.


"Regarding my future, I want to be clear: I will continue, albeit after a small break. My body, and more importantly, my mind need it. However, I plan to carefully evaluate the journey ahead, finding more joy in playing the sport I love so very much."


PV Sindhu looked good in the group stages, but He Bingjiao knocked the two-time Olympic champion out in straight games in Round of 16. Sindhu was not in the best of forms in the lead-up to the Games. The shuttle hadn't qualified for a final of a tournament on the tour for over a year before she ended that wait in Malaysia earlier this year.


Sindhu won the gold medal in the Birmingham Commonwealth Games but sustained a knee injury later in 2022. She returned to action in February 2023, but 

No comments:

Post a Comment

World surrounded by conflicts, Quad important for humanity: PM Modi in US :::: Biden overheard blasting China

PM Narendra Modi, giving his opening remarks at the summit, said that the Quad alliance is " not against anyone" but an alliance w...