Thursday, February 19, 2026

Rahul stands exposed ::: Has Gen Naravane set the ball rolling for Congress leader's expulsion ??

 

After March 9 when Parliament meets for second half of the Budget session; Rahul Gandhi may face action in Lok Sabha.


BJP lawmaker Nishikant Dubey has moved a Substantiative motion. After the debate on Rahul Gandhi's conduct both within Lok Sabha and outside including his foreign tours; if ruling side go for voting, chances are bright that he might face harsh action. 





The Delhi Police filed a case with the Special Cell regarding the purported leak of a pre-print copy of the book the day before Naravane's comments.





Of all the people, it seems Gen Manoj Naravane has taken upon himself the task of negating Rahul Gandhi's claims on former army chief's book.

Responding to questions about his previous remarks that not an inch of Indian land had been captured by China, General Naravane stood firm. When asked if he still holds that position, he said people should ask the reverse question to China. 


“I think you should ask a reverse question to the Chinese, that have they occupied any Indian land? And answer to that question, I think, will satisfy all those who have any doubts on this matter.”


His response directly counters Rahul Gandhi’s constant assertions in Parliament regarding Indian territory and Galwan. It has been suggested by Congress people that during Galwan conflict; Gen Naravane was left alone. This also has been countered.


On the allegation that he was given vague instructions during the Galwan crisis and was “left alone,” General Naravane dismissed the charge. When asked whether the Prime Minister’s stated instruction - “jo uchit samjhe wo karo,” meant he was given a free hand or was left alone, Naravane cautioned against relying on anonymous sources.



He said “See, once again, we cannot take cognisance of articles which are published, quoting unnamed sources, what is right, what is wrong.

 So let us let it be for the time being at that. And as and when things get clearer, we can discuss these issues more in depth.” Adding to this he said “Once again, anybody can say anything. I'm not obliged to comment on anything, which is not actually my concern.” 


This statement is also seen as a rebuke to the magazine Caravan.









When asked whether he was being misquoted as his unpublished book became the centerpiece in Parliament, Naravane said the country should not live in the past.


“I think we should not live in the past. We should look ahead, go in the future. I have written a new book, Murder Mystery. I'm writing the sequel to that. So let us move on. And as I said, not dwell in the past.”

Publisher Statement: 
Earlier, Penguin Random House India posted a statement clarifying that the book has not gone into publication. It stated that no copies, print or digital, had been released, sold, disseminated, or made accessible to the general public.

The publisher stated, “We wish to make it clear that the book has not gone into publication. No copies of the book - in print or digital form - have been published, distributed, sold, or otherwise made available to the public by Penguin Random House India.” 



It further added, “Any copies of the book currently in circulation, in whole or in part, whether in print, digital, PDF, or any other format, online or offline, on any platform, constitutes an infringement of PRHI's copyright and must immediately be ceased. Penguin Random House India shall be exercising remedies available in law against the illegal and unauthorised dissemination of the book.”




The Delhi Police filed a case with the Special Cell regarding the purported leak of a pre-print copy of the book the day before Naravane's comments. According to reports, police have discovered an online PDF version that seemed to have been created by the publisher. The book cover was also being displayed on several websites, giving the impression that the book was for sale

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rahul stands exposed ::: Has Gen Naravane set the ball rolling for Congress leader's expulsion ??

  After March 9 when Parliament meets for second half of the Budget session; Rahul Gandhi may face action in Lok Sabha. BJP lawmaker Nishika...