Saturday, December 9, 2023

Dream Home ....home .... where I dared to be a rebel .... I gave up Science for Journalism ---- every rebel needs a house, that was one for me

2018 visit -- Nostalgic !!


not a dream house exactly; still Dream House...i dared to dream....turned rebel..fought with father....sang some Hindi songs....brother Nirmal Deb pushed me singing "Jis Raha chuni tuney...." ..Midland, Kohima....the same window glass...the same door....









Sister Mahua Singh got worst fear from Maths. ......the same verandah winter carom field!! same sitting room....





father used to shout when i wasted time following election results on Doordarshan. the same door he shut angrily, when i said ....enough of Science, its not my cup of tea.


 Grand Mom pampering me at times....the same roof....the same ....the same.....years passed.....still so close to heart !! the House which made a journo out of me !! Every rebel needs a house....that was it for me !! facing Sun....real autobiographical sense....'country roads took me home' !!! but warning Kohima roads r bad and traffic- well all Naga friends have only grown richer, lot of vehicles !! 






Brother and Mom - famous dining hall and table













No comments:

Post a Comment

Life, power, politics take full circle :: Once Maneka walked out of the 'family' over Amethi .... and circa 2024 -- the family has abandoned it for a man who says "I don't work for the family"

Truth, Fiction, strange .... well that could be politics and also 'dynastic politics'. In September 2023, Maneka Gandhi was given an...