Thursday, May 13, 2021

Essence of democracy at stake: People are in mortal fear of Bengal police, TMC workers, says Guv Dhankhar

West Bengal Governor seems to call spade a spade ....


"People are in mortal fear of police @WBPolice and ruling dispensation workers.

A dozen ruling party workers could stop my convoy, with no fear of law and police. Such state of affairs @MamataOfficial I had to intervene finding they were determined to involve with my security. " 



In another tweet, he wrote: "At Coochbehar. Visited several affected areas. Distressed at grim scenario. After listening to tales of sorrow no tears left in my eyes. Never imagined severity of post poll retributive violence @MamataOfficial was much beyond. 

One is made to pay with life and rights for voting!



In response to Mamata Banerjee's letter, Governor Jagdeep Dhankhar says -


“In time of such unprecedented crisis @MamataOfficial there was need to act in togetherness with all concerned, including the Governor. It was no time for optics or playing to gallery when we are in the midst of unprecedented post poll retributive violence.” 



"We both,being constitutional functionaries, are subject to the constitution. I am sure you will  at least concede supremacy of constitution, that by oath you are ordained to follow. It is text book preposition that provisions of constitution can neither be diluted nor ignored. 


- Four States and UT went for polls. Violence only here !

How can such scenario be overlooked when people are being made to pay with their right to life & suffer indignities because they chose to vote out of their own volition ! It is decimation of essence of democracy ? 


Constitution mandates under Article 159  that I will ‘to the best of my ability preserve, protect and defend the Constitution and the law and that I will devote myself to the service and well being of the people of West Bengal’.  

I would do all that is expected out of my oath.







No comments:

Post a Comment