Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Is Mithun BJP's CM face? "I have not come to be Opposition leader", he says

 # Biggest indication - "Six months, Bengal will turn around...On whom I am banking on, he is a man of words"


New Delhi/Kolkata : Actor-turned-politician Mithun Chakraborty has said he has drawn a ten-pointambitious plan for the poll-bound West Bengal and maintained that he is not in the BJP to bean opposition leader.

".....Ami Opposition leader hotey ashie ni (I have not come to become an Opposition leader),"Chakraborty, often addressed as 'Maha Guru', said in an interview with a popular Bengali TV channel.

The noted star said, "The new government (in Bengal) will be a just government. It will be a government forall - be the citizens are Hindus, Muslims or Christians."


To a question, he said, "If my promises are not kept or there are hurdles, I will revolt".

Giving clearest signal so far that he has the backing of very top level leadership, Mithun said,"I will be the first man to stand. I will revolt....But I know this is not possible."
"Jaar haath amar peechhone achhey, (On whom I am banking on, he is a man of words)," he asserted. 




Elaborating on his 10-point agenda for the state, Chakraborty said - "Firstly, I will bring down the rate ofelectricity charge.....I am saying this sitting here today. I am not a man who will run away tomorrow".

"If electricity rates are less and prices of land is less, then we will find industry coming here. And once,we have industries, people will get jobs," said the actor, who joined BJP on March 7 at Kolkata's Brigade ground minutes before Prime Minister Narendra Modi arrived at the venue.

Notably, Mithun held a meeting with RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat sometime back though he dismissed as a courtesy call.

Mithun said, BJP is "not a party of wishes, that I wish to become the Chief Minister and I will get it".

"It is a very organised party....It (such a big offer) has to come. It has to come from the top boss...then followed by one after other including Amit Shah, Nadda ji, Dilip da, Kailash ji," he said.

Mithun, a former Rajya Sabha member as Trinamool leader, confirmed his 15-minute meeting with the Prime Minister.

"The meeting was there. Definitely I opened out my heart to him (PM) and he understood I am reallypossessive about Bengal. To me Bengal comes first," he said.

"Last word from the Prime Minister was whatever is possible on his part to help build up Sonar Banglawill be done," he said, "I will do it (keep the promises) and also that "Bengal will turn around insix months (after the polls)".

Answering questions, the star said, "That I am taking so much, do you think I am doing so without any backup".

He also pledged that across all 23 districts in the state all general beds in hospitals will get face lift and get air-conditioned.

He kept repeating, "I am very selfish about Bengal".

"All cities in West Bengal will get a face lift. Six months, Bengal will turn around". Asked repeatedly how come he is setting the BJP's 'vision' for Bengal,Chakraborty insisted, "I have not come to become an opposition leader...I will never become an oppositionleader. If this is signal, let this be".

Repeatedly the film star said, he is chasing a 'dream' - to bring betterment of West Bengal.


Answering questions, he said, "I have tremendous respect for my sister (Mamata), but there is a policy difference. What's wrong?"


To a question, he said "Those who are criticising me are keeping me in front but trying to target the people ofBengal"."These people (Trinamool leaders) are only showing dislike for the people of the state for showing changein their preference (of BJP as compared to Trinamool Congress)".

The noted actor said, he does not mind this "change" in people's mind as after Congress rule, the state was ruledby the Leftists for long and then it came under Trinamool Congress. "I did not bring these changes...," he emphasised adding, "people are changing themselves, because they realise they will not get anything from incumbent regime".

ends



No comments:

Post a Comment

"46 MPs and 2 Plus" ----- Was Modi not realistic in setting 370-400 target for BJP and NDA ?? Some reality check on ground is missed out by English and firangi media .... and that's deliberately

Reality:  46 MPs from Odisha and Andhra Pradesh are already with Narendra Modi (In Maharashtra, the NDA tally can fall below 35 from the 41 ...