Monday, August 8, 2022

Venkaiah Naidu bids farewell to Rajya Sabha


"The day PM Narendra Modi told me that I was being selected to become the Vice President of India, I was in tears, I didn't ask for it. Party had given the mandate, I obliged and resigned from the party.

 Tears were because I had to leave the party: Outgoing RS Chairman & VP M Venkaiah Naidu






"His one sorrow during his election as VP was of giving resignation from the party due to constitutional requirements. But I feel that Venkaiah Ji will surely cover up his absence of five years. His work of inspiring, encouraging and rewarding all veteran members will continue": PM Modi


It was very difficult for him to sit still, I used to say that lockdown would be a big punishment for him... but he made use of time... hardly any worker would be there who didn't get a call from him, during lockdown, asking about their well-being & providing help if needed: PM


He has always had knowledge of everything that happened in the House, behind the curtains. Thus, as the Chairman, he always knew what was to come from both sides. This experience used to become a point of concern for Opposition friends: PM Modi


M Venkaiah Naidu & I had a lot of interactions when I worked for the party during the Atal Bihari Vajpayee's govt; Venkaiah Ji used to say that he'd like to work in the Rural Development dept. He had passion for it: PM Modi, during RS Chairman M Venkaiah Naidu's farewell ceremony


No comments:

Post a Comment

'Surat model' played up in Indore .... Congress candidate Akshay Kanti Bamb withdraws nomination and "joined BJP"

Congress's Indore candidate, Akshay Kanti Bamb, on Monday withdrew his nomination, ahead of the upcoming Lok Sabha elections. The develo...