Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Fun time : Court Martial: Virtual Conference with Generation Next 2021

 My Court Martial: Virtual Conference with Generation Next


(This piece came into my mind on September 13, my birthday but a somber one as I could not just brave through my thought process that my parents are no longer with me. 13-9-2021 was my first birthday without Maa and Baba around in this world. 


The Metro Gang !!


Then I gave up....thinking no need to carry out this exercise !!

As their eldest child,  I should have done more.... that proverbial extra mile, and may be either or both of my parents still would have been there with their tantrums and scolding. 

“Torey gumey khailo....(You cannot do anything in life, you sleep so late)”. And many more ! )


Yes, no one around now with those one-liners. But on second thought, I knew life is like a relay race, we have to pass on the baton...The generation next is active – thinking -; perhaps thinking more positively than us.

Chairman: Arartrik ! 


Hence this imaginative Virtual Court Martial. 


Participants were Tanvi Dev in Delhi, Anku and Ashie from Kolkata, Aditya from Mumbai, Tirtho, Tanishta and Surjangshu  from Kamalpur and Arartrik also designated as Junior Journo from Bilonia/Kamalpur specially sharing his 'vast experience'. 


2020: Lockdown Drama: Virtual meet with Gen. Next


Chairman’s job has been snatched by Junior Journo – the young man born in Tripura in the year 2019.


So over to him, and others! I am in between answering some tough questions!

Chairman (Junior Journo/Junior Manu):  

Well, This is your chairman here. The video link is good at Belonia ! Who said, Tripura is backward ? Karl Marx ? Who is he ? Pishon, Di Kothae?


Tanvi: Arey yeh toh chatega ! He will surely bore us all!


Ashie: But why make him Chairperson in the first place? 


Tanvi: Your Mamu decides like that. Very boring.


Anku: What’s your problem Ashie. Don’t be over smart always. This is not Rabit, Crocodile game!


Surjangshu: Arey stop fighting ladies. You should show some respect to the Man.


Tanishta:  Apnake aar ustadi kortey hobeh na. Every man starts being over smart. I don’t like.


Tirtho: So what, let the Chairman start the proceedings first.


Mamu/Niren Dev/Pishon: Listen to me, I am sure, our Chairman will do a good job.


Chairman/Junior Journo: Yes. I can do a better job than many others. When there is a Chair, C for Chair. You sit, and talk. It’s easy.


Tanvi: See, he will go on and on. Very naughty fellow.


Chairman: Please hold on. Let me start here. If I knew my limitation, I would not have taken this risk. But trying new thing is always good. Those boring people may not understand.


Tanishta: Who is boring?


Chairman: Why you are screaming. This is not Kamalpur fish pond ground. It is a serious matter here. Firstly, what should we discuss – Afghanistan? Pishon, Di Kothae ?


Tanvi: Now, see, what kind of question is this?


Aditya (Mumbai) : Hotel mein i accha tha ! I mean we are always good when we children are alone, no parents and no elders. Just enjoy. In Kashmir, Jethu – Geelani is also dead!

Chairman: Yes, yes. You can control your dada giri. I am the chairman yaar.


Surjangshu: I am also a dada. You don’t know how to respect elders.


Anku: Now, they have started among themselves. Mamu, please do something.


Niren Dev: Let the river flow....wind will blow. I am enjoying it.


Ashie: I also think, our Chairman looks serious and Good. His eyes are ....so round.... telling stories.


Tanvi: Yes, Your Mamu keeps saying this. And this fellow’s ego goes up. What Chairman ?


Jura Gen: Ashie, Anku and Tanvi


Chairman: I am the Chairman. Let me first ask, why should – we study? What is the use? It is time to play and grow up. Imagine a world where there is no examination.


Tanishta: Good idea. 


Aditya: Good question chairman. Aapko ek cheez dengey ! Without exam, Life would be fun. Jethu will not say – Parai, Parai.


Chairman: All of you are repeating, What I have asked. Try to go into details. If not listen to Didis. One in Kolkata, they say Ms Long Nose. Smarty hae. Another Anku Didi in Kolkata, what you have to say? Pishon Di Kothae ?


Anku: Tanvi, You are right, he is bore. Anyway, I think, all chairpersons are boring in these meetings. Actually online business is boring. My College life could not start yet. Before imagining, Life without exam, I will say – what about life without Online classes.  Life would be so nice in Delhi...so many friends... saara boring ho gaya.


Chairman: Any other opinion? She will now talk about ‘Juice’. Pishon Di Kothae?

Tanvi: 

You stop this one point. Di kothae, Di Kothae. I would say the idea of not having an examination system itself is not a bad idea. 

The film ‘Three Idiots’ showed how people really go mad after getting some marks and passing the examination. Nobody talks about learning. My Mishton used to say – Learning is life long process. I agree, but it should be fun. The exams and marks make it boring.


Tanishta: True, exams are something very negative. Poro and Khelo, would have been good. What's this Khelo India, does it mean no studies?


Tirtho: It seems otherwise You study a lot. You hardly study, Tanni. You also disturb us. But without examinations, I don’t know what would be the life for teachers. They cannot shout at students. I think that idea is good.


Surjangshu: Going to school in red Toto is also good idea. Mitti is also good. 
Anku: What is Mitti, does he mean sweet?


Time for Play


Tanvi: You are right, this fellow uses T a lot. He can make hell sound – HeTT. Boys are really funny.

Tirtho: Not always, Even girls are funny.

Chairman: This is the problem with all the indisciplined people around. You start with Examination, and now where you people are going. Boys, Girls. Have some discipline. Pishon Di Kothae?

Niren Dev: I have another view on Examination. I look at Success and Failure as Twins.

Ashie: Like Monkey and Juice.

Some of them laugh.

Anku: Just shut up. 


Chairman: Listen to Pishon yaar.


Aditya: See, Chairman is getting angry.


Ashie: But he is calling us Yaars. What kind of manner is this?


Chairman: All manners are for chairman only. You naughty ladies. Ami Maarkachey jabo (I will go to my mother).


Tirtho: Do not provoke him, he will spoil the show.


Chairman: See, we all are interested that we are taken seriously. So exams can make us more serious. Otherwise, you will not study at all. Exams are also good, I suppose.


Tanishta: He is a perfect chairman. He started a question, and now saying something else.


Niren Dev: When all of you grow up, you can understand better. But exams are good and necessary too. The fear of exams can make some people study. At least, I studied some subjects only because of exams, say History. I never liked it during young days.


Anku: So, do you like History now ? I also do not like it.

Tirtho: Let him complete.


Aditya: I think Jethu likes Politics more than history.

Niren dev: Yes, you are partly right Adi. But background of history also helps me to understand politics. There is some connection.


Tanvi: But what is important is Learning is a Lifelong matter. It cannot be a destination by itself. 


Ashie: I agree. Exams tend to make education a destination.


Tirtho: I also agree.


Lockdown Drama: 2020..with Gen. Next


Chairman: Now, everyone is agreeing to everyone. I am the chairman. You all missing one point. When I study, my mother gives me something to eat, say a Rasogolla.


Surjangshu: I want Rasogolla.


Niren Dev: Porey paabey. Later, now listen.


Chairman: 

What I am trying to say is Exams take us to know what are our achievements. These achievements are wonderful when you know, why and how you are achieving these. You all are confusing, my question was not about Ratta-maro and Examination. In life, everyday is examination.


Anku: See, he is speaking like a matured man.


Chairman: I am always matured. Even in sports and games, there are achievements, trophies. But real problems come – when you all link prizes to selfish motives. Do not be selfish. I am not. 


Tirtho: Only thing, he cannot allow you to sit with his Maa when we are going in a car. 


Ashie: I think as a Chairman, he is really handling things very well.


Tirtho: I also agree. I am surprised, where did he learn all these? Very smart.


Tanishta: 

:If you study, You learn. You cannot learn by making 20,000 call to your mother daily.


Tirtho: This is getting too personal.




Chairman: Everything is personal. I am the chairman, this is also personal. Pishon is personal. Di kothae?


Tanvi: He is again making it boring.


Aditya: But, he has made some good points. I think, we learn today - how to be a good chairman. He is innocent and so young. But his ignorance is his Confidence. Very smart indeed.


Ashie: Smart and sweet. Hope he remains like this. Boys change alot.


Anku: How many boys you know ? 


Surjangshu: I can take some sweets today. But my point is why only studies and examination. Who said –Lekha pora kore je ....ete ctc. In Tokyo Olympics, they all were from sports. But in our family, they say – study study !






Aditya: Yes, this is the real problem. That is why I say, Childhood is so nice.


Tanvi: I agree, when you grow up, it is easy to romanticise Childhood. But sometimes, there are real difficult times.

Junior Journo/Chairman: Yes, who knows this better than a Child. Ei koro, shei koro !  Do this, do that. This is my life buddy. Messi has No. 10 Jersey. Maar kacchey jabo ! I will go to mom. 


The meeting is over.


Everyone giggle out.


Ends 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Perception battle is key ...... How Congress could find itself in 'mess' in Rae Bareli ::: 12 per cent Muslims but there is a Mayawati candidate...Brahmins 10 per cent and 'tall' Samajwadi leader Manoj Pandey is backing BJP

Rae Bareli need not be a cakewalk for Rahul Gandhi.  Take the caste and community composition. There are 12 per cent Muslims and 34 per cent...